ALLEGRO SAFETY Axial Explosion Proof Blowers, 3/4 HP Torque
Industries that deal with chemicals, grains, paint, fuel, dust, explosives, fibres, pervasive materials and fine particles would undoubtedly want to install an explosion-proof blower. These fans have protective housing and prevent explosions & sparks that may occur in volatile environments, in addition to providing vent...ilation and keeping workers safe. Since 1987, Allegro Industries has been offering safety equipment including respirators, fans & blowers, pumps, air sources and SAR welding systems. Raptor Supplies is a trusted supplier of the Allegro product catalogue.Read more
Axial Explosion Proof Blowers, 3/4 HP Torque
Allegro explosion proof blowers are suitable for confined spaces in statically conductive environments. These devices are used to ventilate hazardous locations where combustible or flammable materials are present. They feature single-phase motors that incorporate a UL-listed and NEMA-rated voltage plug for use with an explosion-proof socket (sold separately), and a handle for portability. The ABS housing and compact design of these centrifugal models ensure non-sparking and safe storage of blowers without sacrificing the airflow, respectively. Allegro explosion proof blowers are capable of delivering torque rating of 3/4 hp and feature an iron mounting box having triple coated finish to resist corrosion. They feature a spring-loaded door to keep dust & debris away from the receptacle when the plug is not in use. However, when the plug is in use, a neoprene gasket is provided inside the receptacle seals for keeping out water, dirt & other foreign materials. Choose from a wide range of these Allegro centrifugal heavy duty explosion proof blowers, available in 115V and 220V plug options on Raptor Supplies.
Raptor Supplies is a trusted supplier of Allegro explosion proof blowers that help maintain atmospheric conditions and oxygen levels in hazardous areas, using proper ventilation to remove flammable, ignitable or combustible particles.
Allegro explosion proof blowers offer a wide combination of features, making them useful for heavy-duty operations such as in mills, power plants, warehouses, tanks, spray booths, confined spaces or other areas where ignitable dust, fumes, pervasive materials or gases may be present.
Allegro explosion proof blowers feature protective housing designed to eliminate sparks, as they cycle On and Off. For additional protection, the blades are made of polyethylene and do not accumulate static electricity, thereby ventilating hazardous air. Allegro ventilation blowers use a clipping system that permits personnel to quickly attach canisters on the output side for ventilation, or input side for extraction, without the need for tools. However, it is advisable not to use undersized wires on electrical power cables or extension cords, since it will adversely restrain the blower motors from the rated load carrying and starting capacities.
- Allegro explosion proof blowers have polyethylene construction for corrosion & impact resistance, as well as an easy-to-clean advantage.
- They are configured with one-piece ABS housing to ensure non-sparking safety and an ergonomic handle for portability.
- These models have a compact design for easy usage and storage without sacrificing airflow.
- They have single-phase motors that incorporate a UL-listed and NEMA-rated voltage plug for use with an explosion-proof socket (sold separately), while delivering torque up to 3/4 hp.
- These blowers have aluminium wheels and hubs to guarantee thermal & electrical conductivity.
- The integrated iron mounting box features triple-coated finish for resisting oxidation reactions on exposed surfaces.
- These units come with a spring-loaded door to keep dust & debris away from the receptacle when the plug is not in use.
- These Allegro centrifugal, heavy duty, explosion proof blowers are available in 115V and 220V variants on Raptor Supplies.
- Allegro 9500-15EX & 9500-25EX: Allegro statistically conductive ducting is lightweight and is manufactured for maximum air handling & dual-direction flow, with minimum friction loss. These retractable ducts are consturcted using vinyl and polyester, and feature neoprene coating to offer temperature resistance up to 250 degrees F.
- Allegro 9503-03 & 9503-06: Allegro explosion proof sockets feature an iron mounting box with triple coat finish and spring-loaded doors to keep dust out of the receptacles when plugs are not in use.
Standards and Approvals
- These Allegro explosion-proof blowers meet Class I, Divisions 1 & 2, Groups C & D and Class II, Divisions 1 & 2, Groups F & G hazardous location requirements. They are also certified to CSA standards for ensuring utmost safety.
- They have UL certification for handling power supply with voltage ranging between 115V and 220V.
- The NEMA-rated voltage plugs are used with explosion-proof sockets (sold separately), hence reducing the risk of personnel injury.
- Through visual inspection, ensure that the blower is in its original, factory configuration and has not been modified. Any modifications might result in potentially dangerous configurations that could lead to property damage and / or personnel injury.
- Attach a quick-connect canister ducting system for either extraction or ventilation of air, without using any tools.
- Verify that the blower uses appropriate NEMA plugs and electrical cords. All electrical wiring installations and connections must comply with all applicable local codes and NEC statutes.
- Proper & secure grounding of the blower motor is required to prevent personnel injury or electric shocks. Use a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) to sense little imbalances in the circuit which might be caused by current leakage or by shutting off electricity.
- Ensure that the blower is operated in a horizontal position to meet the enclosure definition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it better to positively ventilate or to evacuate air?
Any confined space must be positively ventilated, and should be evacuated when smoke is being generated in a specific location (for example, during grinding or welding operations).
What is the main difference between Allegro axial and centrifugal blowers?
Allegro axial blowers feature internally housed motors that make them more portable & compact, as well as less expensive than centrifugal models. They offer higher airflow ratings in free air configuration than centrifugal blowers. Centrifugal variants, on the other hand, have the motor located outside the housing. The design of these blowers permits them to push against higher static pressure (greater dynamic back-pressure) with enlarged lengths of ducting, as compared to axial blowers.
Where should I position an Allegro blower in a confined space?
The ventilation equipment should be directed to the nearest entrance within the restricted space, to exhaust fumes and smoke.
What should the minimum oxygen level be in a confined space?
The minimum acceptable oxygen level in a confined space can be 15 to 19%, but that usually results in decreased ability to work and impaired coordination, thereby risking the health of workers. Hence, a confined space fan and blower play a vital role in creating a safe & hazard proof working environment for anyone who works in a small & enclosed area.
What does the CFM rating of a blower / fan signify?
Cubic Feet per Minute or CFM represents the amount of air that can be moved through a room when operating a blower / fan at the highest speed. In order to efficiently cool a room, the blower CFM rating should be chosen while keeping the space / size of the room in mind. CFM for blowers is a crucial measurement for determining if air can be circulated within the space quickly.
What does the air consumption rate mean in blowers?
The 'air consumed' data indicates the amount of hazardous air / fumes that a blower can consume for degassing chemical tanks and confined industrial spaces.
How do motors create an explosion?
The motors can create an explosion when even a single arc from a motor malfunctions, like a power supply issue or winding insulation failure which ignites an ambient material. It can also occur when the surface of a motor gets extremely hot during operation, such that it emits vapours, gas or dust.
What is an explosion proof blower?
An explosion proof blower is a ventilation device having adequate shielding to contain an internal blast on exposure to combustible airstream. Proofing such a system prevents an eruption from spreading externally and causing damage or harm in the area around it.
What is a spark proof fan?
Spark resistant fan is the technical term for an industrial fan, which is typically classified as an explosion proof exhaust fan. Spark resistant construction is an AMCA requirement when gases, vapours, dust, liquids or fibres can cause an eruption in the case of any kind of ignition.