DESTACO 227 Series Horizontal Hold Down Clamps
|Style||Model||Clamp Arm Length||Clamp Arm Style||Holding Capacity||Toggle Lock Plus||Material||Mounting Base||Handle||Height Under Clamp Arm||Price|
|A||227-U-L||2.39"||Open U-Bar||500 Lbs.||No||Steel||Flange||Horizonal||1.25"||€66.25|
|B||227-UB-L||2.39"||Open U-Bar||500 Lbs.||No||Steel||Straight||Horizonal||1.45"||€75.61|
|E||227-USS||2.66"||U-Bar||600 Lbs.||No||Stainless Steel||Flange||Horizonal||1.28"||€94.28|
227 Series Horizontal Hold Down Clamps
Destaco 227 Series horizontal hold down clamps or horizontal handle toggle clamps are designed for holding workpieces in place using a horizontal lever handle that lays flat when the clamp is engaged. They offer a stationary alternative to removable clamps when performing repetitive tasks in the aerospace, automotive and food & packaging industries. These units feature a low profile design for light duty clamping applications in tight spaces, such as assembling, closure, fixture checking and woodworking applications. Destaco hold down toggle locking clamps are made of steel or stainless steel to provide rigidity and corrosion resistance. They have open or U shaped bars for easy attachment of arm extensions, and flanged or straight base mounting styles for ease of installation. These units offer large hand clearance in the open position (up to 56 degrees) and feature neoprene or stainless steel hex head spindles (some models) for maximum holding force. Destaco 227 Series horizontal handle toggle clamps come with a handle, a lever system and a securing bar that prevent the movement of the workpieces. The lever system applies enough pressure on the object to keep the workpiece steady. These clamps also have a linkage system that applies powerful clamping force with minimum effort to lock or unlock the clamp. Additionally, these Destaco horizontal clamps are capable of handling loads up to 600 lb and are suitable with flanged washers (to provide secure connection against vibration), cross arm sets and M6 or 5/16 inch spindles for high performance workholding, automation and containment solutions.
We also offer Destaco 227 Series horizontal hold down clamps in Blackout models that feature non reflective black finish. If you want to order these horizontal handle toggle clamps in Blackout Series, simply add -BLK suffix after the MPN (for example: 227-UB-LS-BLK) and request a quote for the same on Raptor Supplies.
These 227 Series horizontal toggle clamps offer a broad combination of features, making them ideal for applications such as assembling, closure, woodworking and fixture checking. They are used in the aerospace, automotive and food & packaging industries.
- These Destaco 227 Series horizontal handle toggle clamps are designed for light duty clamping applications and have a low profile design to prevent obstruction during clamping.
- They are supplied with neoprene or stainless steel hex head spindles for maximum and fatigue less clamping & holding force.
- These toggle clamps have steel / stainless steel construction for structural rigidity and durability.
- They can accommodate M6 or 5/16 inch spindle accessories for quick fastening.
- They are capable of handling loads up to 600 lb and offer 91 degree clamp bar opening with minimum overhead clearance.
- These toggle clamps are configured with an open or U shaped clamping arm to keep workpieces securely in place, as well as for providing adjustable spindle location.
- These Destaco 227 Series clamps are available in flanged and straight base variants for ease of installation.
- Destaco 225208-M & 207943-M: These Destaco flat tip bonded neoprene (225208-M) and stainless steel hex head (207943-M) spindle assemblies are designed for the brand's 227 Series clamps for quick fastening. The neoprene construction exhibits chemical stability & maintains flexibility over a wide temperature range during the clamping process. The stainless steel spindles ensure high tensile strength in extremely high and low temperatures. These spindle assemblies include jam nuts for quick and secure clamping, as well as allow adjustments between clamping distance.
- Destaco 507107, 507107-BLK & 507907: These Destaco flanged washers are compatible with 227 Series toggle clamps, enabling easy mounting and providing secure connection against vibration. They feature stainless steel / steel construction with zinc plated or black oxide finish to resist corrosion and enhance service life.
Standards and Approvals
- These Destaco 227 Series horizontal toggle clamps are ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certified.
These Destaco 227 Series horizontal toggle clamps come with a flanged or straight base with threaded mounting holes to ensure easy surface mounting.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are horizontal toggle clamps used?
Horizontal toggle clamps utilise an over center locking action to hold a workpiece or fixture in the locked position.
How do you adjust a toggle clamp?
After clamping, the applied force can be adjusted by loosening / tightening the spindle nut (supplied with selected units for protection from abrasion, twisting or flexing).
What is the difference between horizontal and vertical toggle clamps?
The basic difference between horizontal and vertical toggle clamps is the position of the handle while the clamp is locked. A vertical toggle clamp has the handle positioned perpendicular to the base, whereas in horizontal clamps, the handle position is parallel to the base when the clamp is locked.
What is a horizontal toggle clamp used for?
A horizontal toggle clamp is used to securely hold parts or components in the stationary position and is typically a part of the production process. The quick acting characteristics enable easily & quickly turning off the clamps.