DESTACO 8000, 8200, 8400 Series pneumatic swing clamps
|Style||Model||Cylinder Bore||Swing Direction||Stroke||Rotating Stroke||Vertical Clamp Stroke||Mount||Port Size||Price|
|A||8016||0.75"||Left Hand||0.85"||0.47"||0.38"||Threaded Body||10-32||€624.00|
|A||8015||0.75"||Right Hand||0.85"||0.47"||0.38"||Threaded Body||10-32||€624.00|
|B||8215||1.5"||Right Hand||1.25"||0.75"||0.5"||Threaded Body||3/8-16||€812.10|
|B||8216||1.5"||Left Hand||1.25"||0.75"||0.5"||Threaded Body||3/8-16||€812.10|
|C||8415||1.19"||Right Hand||1.25"||0.75"||0.5"||Threaded Body||3/8-16||€746.49|
|C||8416||1.19"||Left Hand||1.25"||0.75"||0.5"||Threaded Body||3/8-16||€746.49|
8000, 8200, 8400 Series pneumatic swing clamps
These Destaco 8000, 8200 & 8400 Series pneumatic swing clamps are non-locking clamps that provide clamping force in direct proportion to the bore size and inlet pressure. These clamps are intended for quick-and-swing clamping movement in secondary manufacturing operations on metallic & non-metallic products in the automotive and food & packaging industries. These 8000, 8200 & 8400 Series clamps integrate a sturdy swing mechanism that ensures the angle positioning of the clamping arm remains the same, even after a slight collision with the workpiece during unloading or loading. They feature a lightweight aluminium body ideal for harsh environments and are supplied with a spindle & clamping arm to provide holding capacity up to 89 lb. The robust one-piece construction guarantees accurate alignment of internal components and clamping rigidity. They clamp down on the workpiece with the help of a manually adjustable threaded stud at the end of an air-powered pivoting arm. These units incorporate a pneumatic input cylinder for connecting to a source of compressed air and have internal orifices to prevent cam damage caused by over accelerating the clamp. They can work at temperatures up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit and pressures ranging from 45 psi to 130 psi. The threaded body of these clamps enables easy mounting in a tapped or clearance hole using mounting screws. These Destaco pneumatic clamps feature a sensor ready design for round style sensors. These position sensors are designed to mount within the clamp's space envelope, preventing the sensor from encroaching on the clamp's mounting envelope in order to save space without causing any inconvenience. They avert slow return and non return problems inherent with single acting clamps. These double acting, pneumatic swing clamps are available in left hand and right hand swing variants on Raptor Supplies.
If you want to order these swing clamps without the clamping arm, simply add -LA suffix to the MPN (For example, 8215-LA).
- These Destaco 8000, 8200 & 8400 Series pneumatic swing clamps offer a broad combination of features, making them adaptable for applications such as welding, assembling, fixturing & testing in the aerospace, automotive and food & packaging industries.
- These Destaco 8000, 8200 & 8400 Series pneumatic swing clamps have sturdy one-piece construction to ensure precise alignment of internal components and maximum clamping rigidity.
- They are double-acting units that can eliminate non return and slow return problems inherent with single acting clamps.
- These pneumatic clamps have a lightweight and robust aluminium body that offers excellent structural rigidity while withstanding temperatures up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, at pressures ranging from 45 to 130 psi.
- They come with a clamping arm and spindle ideal for holding capacity up to 89 lb during welding, light machining and assembling operations.
- These pneumatic swing clamps are sensor ready for round style sensors.
- They have manually adjustable threaded studs at the end of an air-powered pivoting arm for clamping down the workpiece.
- Destaco pneumatic swing clamps from 8000, 8200 & 8400 Series have a threaded body to enable easy mounting of the units in a tapped or clearance hole with mounting screws.
- These 8000, 8200 & 8400 Series clamps are available in left hand and right hand swing variants.
- Selected models come with the Toggle Lock feature to offer added safety by ensuring that the over-centre locking condition is maintained and the clamp remains protected against unintentional opening (look for models ending with -R).
- Destaco 801528, 801529, 821512 & 821513: These Destaco clamping arms are compatible with the brand's 8000 & 8200 Series pneumatic swing clamps. They have lightweight aluminium construction for excellent structural rigidity and are equipped with a locking tapered connection that facilitates arm positioning up to 360 degrees.
- Destaco 801532 & 821556: These clamping arm adapters provide a means for attaching customised clamp arms to 8000 & 8200 Series clamps. The units feature a rotatable arm that is capable of delivering free movement up to 360 degrees.
- Destaco 801553, 821553 & 841550: These Destaco mounting flanges enhance the capabilities of Destaco's 8000, 8200 & 8400 Series threaded pneumatic swing clamps by allowing variable height adjustments, and are suitable for recessed mounting applications.
- Destaco 801560, 821560 & 841560: These replacement seal kits are designed for unobstructed functioning of 8000, 8200 & 8400 Series pneumatic swing clamps.
Standards and Approvals
- These Destaco 8000, 8200 & 8400 Series pneumatic swing clamps are ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certified.
- 8000, 8200 & 8400 Series Destaco pneumatic swing clamps have an imperial threaded body for mounting the unit in a tapped hole or through a clearance hole, with optional mounting screws and flange accessories.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a pneumatic swing clamp?
Pneumatic swing clamps are suitable for applications that need low clamping force. Additionally, they keep the clamping area free of clamping components and straps for unobstructed & unrestricted workpiece loading and unloading.
How to differentiate between a left hand and a right hand swing clamp?
To determine whether a clamp is a left or right hand swing clamp, you need to visualise viewing the arm from above, during the clamping stroke. Arms moving counter clockwise are left hand swings, while arms moving clockwise are right hand swings.
How do pneumatic swing clamps function?
A pneumatic swing clamp features a double acting, pull type cylinder where a part of the entire stroke is used for screw-on clamping arm, along with swinging the piston.
Does Destaco supply water resistant clamp sensors?
Destaco clamps protect against dust, heavy rain & powerful jets of water owing to the inductive sensors that are designed in accordance with IP65 standards.
What does holding capacity mean in terms of clamps?
The holding force or the holding capacity represents the clamp's capability to hold down sheet metal or equipment during manufacturing processes.