DESTACO 868 Series Pneumatic Toggle Clamps
|Style||Model||Port Size||Holding Capacity||Clamp Arm Style||Cylinder Bore||Clamp Arm Length||Duty Cycle||Operating Temp.||Price|
|A||868-E||1/4||4000 Lbs.||Solid Bar||2.48"||4.69"||Excellent/High||-10 To 90°C||€1,675.37|
|B||868||1/4 NPT||4000 Lbs.||Solid Bar||2.48"||4.69"||Excellent/High||-10 To 90°C||€1,477.04|
868 Series Pneumatic Toggle Clamps
Destaco 868 Series pneumatic toggle clamps, also known as pneumatic hold down clamps, are suitable for quick and secure clamping in the automotive and food & packaging industries. They are integrated with an air actuated cylinder with input port for connecting to the compressed air source. They utilise the compressed air for applying clamping pressure to hold the workpiece in place. These pneumatic toggle clamps come integrated with hardened bushings & pins at all pivot points for long service life. They feature an enclosed design for spot & MIG welding in dirty working environments, and come with a non pivoting cylinder that can easily be hard piped into fixtures. These portable pneumatic clamps have an in built flow restriction system for eliminating the need for external flow controls. These units allow economical use on short run jobs with temporary fixturing and are completely self contained & need only a single pressure source for added safety. These 868 Series Destaco clamps are sensor ready for round as well as T slot style sensors and feature U bar handle design for smooth attachment of arm extensions. These enclosed toggle clamps are ideally used for welding and machining applications and can be mounted horizontally for ease of installation. Destaco 868 Series pneumatic clamps are capable of holding loads up to 4000 lb. These clamps are equipped with a magnetic piston ring for accurate position sensing and can be operated at temperatures ranging between -14 & 194 degrees Fahrenheit, with cylinder pressures up to 145 psi. These pneumatic toggle clamps are compatible with 810169 round reed switches with quick disconnect cables and 8EA-109-1 T slot reed switches with quick disconnect cables.
We also offer Destaco 850 Series pneumatic clamps having load capacities up to 16000 lb.
Destaco 868 Series pneumatic toggle clamps are used for various applications such as welding, fixture checking and automotive part assembling in the automotive and food & packaging industries.
- Destaco 868 Series pneumatic toggle clamps are designed for applications like welding and automotive part assembling.
- These pneumatic clamps are equipped with a magnetic piston ring for accurate position sensing.
- These units are sensor ready for round as well as T-slot style sensors.
- Destaco 858 Series pneumatic toggle clamps can be operated at temperatures ranging between -14 degrees Fahrenheit and 195 degrees Fahrenheit.
- These pneumatic toggle clamps are capable of withstanding loads up to 4000 lb.
- Destaco 850450-63-1-00: This replacement seal kit is designed for use with 850, 850-ME, 858, 858-E, 868 & 868-E clamp units.
- Destaco 810169: This extension cordset and coupling nut is designed to be installed on cylinders having 4 mm round grooves. This round reed switch with quick disconnect cable is operated via a magnetic ring fixed on the clamp's cylinder.
- Destaco 8EA-109-1: This T slot reed switch with quick disconnect cable comes equipped with an LED for easy set up and can be operated at temperatures ranging between -10 and 60 degrees Celsius.
Standards and Approvals
- Destaco 868 Series pneumatic toggle clamps are ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 approved to deliver high quality clamping services.
- Destaco 868 Series pneumatic toggle clamps have a flanged base with threaded holes for easy and secure installation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a pneumatic toggle clamp?
Pneumatic toggle clamps utilise compressed air rather than mechanical force for applying clamping force to hold workpieces in place. They get actuated with a double acting pneumatic cylinder.
How do pneumatic toggle clamps work?
Toggle clamps actuate against the workpiece and stretch or compress the equipped linkages to keep workpieces in a stationary position.
Which grease is ideal for Destaco clamps for their rebuilding?
A coupling grease like Mobil XTC should be used when dealing with Destaco mechanical clamps, while the Magnalube G grease is great for use with pneumatic cylinder seals.
What does the clamp's holding capacity signify?
The clamp's holding capacity or holding force represents the capability of a clamp for holding down mechanical equipment or sheet metal while assembling automotive parts or during similar manufacturing processes.
What is the significance of the red colour of the handle of Destaco clamps?
There is no such significance of colour of the clamp's handle, as it only represents a recognisable area. This helps operators in finding the handle quickly & easily.
What does clamping force mean?
Clamping force is the amount of force actually applied to the workpiece by closing & locking the clamp. It is normally less than the stated holding capacity. The actual clamping force depends on various factors, including cylinder bore, cylinder area, spindle position (clamping arm length) and available air pressure. In most cases, the clamping force is approximately 2 to 3 times the force exerted by a pneumatic cylinder.
Does Destaco supply any water resistant clamp sensors?
Yes, Destaco also supplies inductive sensors designed in accordance with IP65 standards to ensure protection from powerful hydraulic jets, dust & heavy rain.