DESTACO Flat Tip Bonded Neoprene Spindle Inch
|Style||Model||Cap Width (In.)||Thread Size||Length||Price|
Flat Tip Bonded Neoprene Spindle Inch
These Destaco flat tip bonded neoprene spindles are threaded rods with rubber stoppers used to secure materials to work surfaces. These toggle clamp spindle assemblies can be adjusted to accommodate materials of varying thicknesses and can mount onto compatible toggle clamps (including manual, power & hydraulic clamps) to protect them from damage caused by abrasion / twisting / flexing, as well as to ensure optimal functionality and performance during welding, drilling and milling operations in the aerospace, automotive and food & packaging industries. When the rubber stoppers begin to wear away, these spindles eliminate the risk of marring owing to the neoprene constructed tips. The neoprene construction of these spindles exhibit chemical stability by maintaining flexibility over a wide temperature range (-22 degrees to 220 degrees Fahrenheit). They also ensure extended service life and provide maximum clamping force. These oil resistant and silicone free spindles include jam nuts to permit clamping distance adjustments as well as facilitate easy and secure installation. These spindles offer hardness up to 85 Shore A and are available in #8-32, #10-32, 1/4-20, 5/16-18, 1/2-13, 5/8-11, 3/8-16, M6, M8, M10 and M12 thread size variants for quick fastening, on Raptor Supplies.
We also offer spindles in stainless steel construction for corrosion resistant performance. If you want to order these, simply request a quote for the same on Raptor Supplies.
These Destaco flat tip bonded neoprene spindles offer a wide combination of features, making them adaptable to applications such as welding, drilling and milling operations in the aerospace, automotive and food & packaging industries.
- These Destaco flat tip bonded spindles have neoprene construction to exhibit chemical stability by maintaining flexibility over a wide temperature range.
- They are capable of operating at temperatures ranging from -22 degrees to 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
- These spindles offer up to 85 Shore A Rockwell Hardness.
- These Destaco neoprene spindles come with oil-resistant & silicon free properties for exceptional service life.
- The configured neoprene tip prevents marring during clamping operations.
- They are supplied with jam nuts to permit adjustments between clamping distances.
- These spindles have threaded bodies for easy and secure installation.
- Destaco neoprene spindles are available in #8-32, #10-32, 1/4-20, 5/16-18, 1/2-13, 5/8-11, 3/8-16, M6, M8, M10 and M12 thread size variants for quick fastening.
- Destaco 215119, 225119, 235119, 424107 & 235110: These Destaco neoprene caps are designed to fit the brand's neoprene spindles and are capable of bearing loads in temperatures ranging from -40 degrees to 105 degrees Celsius
- Destaco 215219, 215219-M, 225219, 225219-M, 235219 & 235219-M: These Destaco caps are used with the brand's internally threaded, flat tip neoprene spindles. They feature polyurethane construction for high tensile properties with tear resistance and can withstand temperatures up to 95 degrees Celsius
Standards and Approvals
- These Destaco flat tip bonded neoprene spindles are ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certified.
- Destaco flat tip bonded neoprene spindles have threaded bodies for easy and secure mounting.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much pressure is a toggle clamp capable of?
Destaco hold down toggle clamps apply downward clamping force by increasing the applied load via toggle mechanisms. You can see the clamping force on the packaging itself, which is specified in Newton (N). Use this information with the size of the toggle clamp to work out the degree of pressure that the tool will have to exert on a piece of wood. The larger the piece of wood, the greater the pressure required.
What other variants of spindles does Raptor Supplies offer?
Raptor Supplies offers Destaco flat tip bonded spindles, swivel foot spindles, round bonded spindles and hex head spindles.
Does Destaco offer spindles in stainless steel construction?
Yes, these Destaco spindles are also available in stainless steel variants to provide corrosion-free performance with enhanced service life. Request a quote for these spindles on Raptor Supplies.
What is the difference between flat tip bonded spindles and swivel foot spindles?
The flat tip bonded spindles eliminate marking on fragile or polished surfaces while swivel foot spindles are used where a large area needs to be clamped.
Which spindle is better - neoprene or stainless steel?
Both the spindle variants have their unique features. Neoprene spindles have neoprene constructed tips to prevent marring during clamping as well as exhibit chemical stability by maintaining flexibility over a wide temperature range. Whereas, stainless steel spindles ensure prolonged service life with anti-corrosion properties and ensure high tensile strength in extremely high & low temperatures.
What does clamping force mean?
Clamping force is the total amount of force applied to the workpiece while closing or locking the clamp during the manufacturing process. It is generally less than the stated holding capacity. However, the actual clamping force depends on multiple factors such as spindle position, cylinder area, cylinder bore, clamping arm length and available air pressure. In most cases, the clamping force is approximately 2 to 3 times the force exerted by a pneumatic cylinder.