LOVEJOY EC Series, Single Beam Clamp Style Couplings, Metric Bores
Flexible couplings are ideal for linking two rotating shafts which are not properly aligned, to transmit torque from one shaft to another. Flexible couplings comprise two hubs and a spider. Each hub is attached to a shaft while the spider flexes between the hubs for accommodating the misalignme...nt between shafts. Shaft misalignments are mostly radial / parallel / angular and cause complications while transferring rotational power from one shaft to the other, in the form of loads, vibrations, stresses & other forces which change as per the type of misalignment.Read more
|Style||Model||Bore B||Clamp Screw Size||Moment of Inertia||Nominal Torque||Outside Dia.||Overall Length||Torsional Stiffness||Bore A||Price|
|A||68514456668||3mm||M2.5||2.73 Lbs.Sq.In.||1.8 In.Lbs.||13mm||13mm||42.8 In.Lbs./Rad||3mm||€115.14|
|A||68514456676||4mm||M2.5||24.95 Lbs.Sq.In.||5 In.Lbs.||19mm||23mm||119.4 In.Lbs./Rad||4mm||€124.60|
|A||68514456688||6mm||M3||86.8 Lbs.Sq.In.||11 In.Lbs.||25 mm||32mm||286.5 In.Lbs./Rad||6mm||€146.80|
EC Series, Single Beam Clamp Style Couplings, Metric Bores
Motion control beam couplings are flexible couplings that use either one or more spiral slots cut in a single metal rod piece, thereby forming a spring centre section known as a beam or helical coil. The beam portions of these couplings flex for accommodating misalignments while continuing to transfer power between the attached shafts.
Lovejoy aluminium clamp style single beam couplings are designed for parallel, angular & axial misalignments of shafts requiring less weight & zero backlash. Lovejoy clamp style single beam couplings are recommended for use in light duty applications such as coupling a servo motor to a lead screw in motion control systems.
These single beam couplings have quicker response time as compared to stainless steel couplers. These beam couplings accommodate parallel misalignment up to 0.005 inches, angular misalignments up to 5 degrees and axial motion up to 0.01 inches. These clamp-style beam couplings can either be installed or replaced without the movement of shafts. These Lovejoy single beam couplings feature single piece construction with anodised aluminium finish to provide longer service life in comparison to couplings with moving parts. They are resistant to corrosion and can be operated at a maximum temperature of 200 degrees F.
Flexible power transmission couplings such as Lovejoy beam couplings are suitable for operations where there is some acceptable misalignment. These helical couplings can accommodate parallel offset, axial motion and angular misalignments between two shafts. These aluminium couplings are ideal for operations where a high level of responsiveness is required. Lovejoy beam couplings are suitable for light duty power transmission applications in medical equipment, imaging tools, lab analysis, encoding machines, small pumps, drives, motors and tachogenerators. These single beam style couplings are also used for machining, instrumentation and various motion control & automation applications.
Lovejoy beam couplings are designed from a single, solid piece of aluminium rod. These single beam style couplings have spiral slots throughout the length of the coupling. During power transmission, the spiral slots of these beam couplings adjust automatically for accommodating various parallel offset, axial motion and angular misalignments between two shafts.
- Low moment of inertia: Lovejoy beam couplings have low moment of inertia for ensuring that minimum resistance is delivered during power transmission, when the rotational speed is changed. The value of moment of inertia depends upon the coupling size and bore of the coupling.
- All metal coupling: Lovejoy beam couplings feature all metal construction and are suitable for light power transmission applications. Their aluminium construction ensures that the coupling has high tolerance against chemicals, heat, corrosion and adverse conditions. These beam couplings can easily operate in conditions prone to shocks and vibrations.
- Zero backlash design: Lovejoy beam couplings' zero backlash design prevents any chances of angular movement & misalignment between the rotating shafts. This ensures that the driven equipment doesn't get damaged, and maximum positioning accuracy & efficiency is maintained throughout the power transmission process.
- High angular misalignment capability: Lovejoy single beam couplings can operate in both counterclockwise & clockwise directions without sacrificing torque capabilities. These beam couplings feature a spring style centre (referred to as beam or helical coil) which allows the coupling to accommodate parallel, angular & axial misalignments while conveying power between the shafts.
- Easy to install: Lovejoy beam couplings have one piece construction to enable easy installation & removal from the shafts. The one piece design & rugged aluminium construction of these beam couplings also ensures that the coupling requires minimum maintenance even after extended periods of use.
- Anodised aluminium finish: Lovejoy single beam couplings have anodised aluminium finish for ensuring high abrasion resistance in adverse environments.
- User should first align both shafts that are to be connected & determine if the overall misalignment is correctable using the coupling.
- Align the coupling hubs on the shafts & tighten the coupling screws using a torque wrench.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the early symptoms of excessive wear in couplings?
Some external signs which indicate potential coupling failure include abnormal noise, such as squealing, screeching or chattering; failed seals due to lubricant leakage or contamination; and excessive wobble or vibration.
What are the different types of couplings offered by Lovejoy?
- Straight jaw type couplings
- Curved jaw type couplings
- Gear type couplings
- Grid type couplings
- Disc type couplings
- Torsional type couplings
- Specialty type couplings
What are the requirements of a good shaft coupling?
- It should be easy to connect and disconnect.
- It should transfer full power from one shaft to the other without torque loss.
- It should hold the shaft in accurate alignment.
- It should minimise transmission of shock loads.
- It should not have have any projecting parts.
What is the difference between rigid and flexible couplings?
Rigid couplings offer a rigid connection between two shafts that are firmly connected, and facilitate the coupling to transfer torque smoothly throughout the system. Flexible couplings provide flexible connections, and there is a chance of losing some torque during transmission.
What are the advantages of flexible couplings?
Flexible couplings have an advantage over rigid couplings owing to the unavoidable misalignment between shafts in the machinery. In a flexible coupling, movement between the shafts is possible as a result of thermal expansion.
What other variants of Lovejoy couplings are offered by Raptor Supplies?
Where is the headquarters of Lovejoy?
Lovejoy Inc. is headquartered at Downers Grove, Illinois, US
Which company owns Lovejoy Inc.?
The Timken Company, the global leader of bearings and power transmission products, owns Lovejoy.